1 Heritage Chicken
Melted grass-fed butter
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. Remove chicken backbone by cutting down both sides. Save to make stock.
3. Flatten bird, tuck wingtips underneath, and lay legs flat.
4. Place bird skin side down on an oiled baking sheet.
5. Broil on high for 24 min. basting with melted grass-fed butter every 4 min.
6. During the first baste, sprinkle the inside of the chicken with salt, pepper, and chopped thyme.
7. Halfway through broiling, flip chicken over and sprinkle skin side with salt, pepper, and chopped thyme.
8. Temp your bird when finished broiling. Chicken is fully cooked at 165°F. Enjoy heritage!