Recipe from Bruce Higgins | Serves 2-4
1 Heritage Chicken
1. Preheat oven to 250°F.
2. Cut the Emmer & Co. heritage chicken in half or quarters.
3. Coat the bird with olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste. Massage the ingredients into all sides of the pieces.
4. Roast the chicken until a thermometer reads 165°F. We highly recommend that you use a leave-in style thermometer, placed in the thickest part of the drumstick. Using an instant read thermometer is not ideal because it allows juices to escape each time it is inserted.
5. After the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F, turn the oven to broil and place the pieces under the broiler just long enough to crisp the skin (usually 3-4 minutes).
6. It's very important to let the chicken rest 7-10 minutes before slicing and serving, so that the juices get redistributed back into the meat.
7. Enjoy heritage!