1 Heritage Chicken
7 thyme sprigs
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 stick room temperature grass-fed butter
1 onion, sliced
Assorted root veggies of your choice.
1. Preheat oven to 475°F.
2. Season the Emmer & Co. heritage chicken with salt and pepper, including inside the cavity. Place half of your garlic and herbs in the cavity.
3. Truss the bird.
4. Coarsely chop root vegetables. Mix with 1/4 cup oil, salt, pepper, and the remaining garlic and herbs.
5. Scatter vegetables in a roasting pan. Place heritage chicken on top.
6. Cut butter into cubes and put on top of the chicken.
7. Roast chicken for 25 minutes. Then reduce heat to 400°F and roast until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
8. Let the chicken rest before carving. Enjoy heritage!